- Google Slides Presentation for the Midwest Region of the United States
- The links for the projects are on the "Home" page of this website
- Saving the Sea Turtles Breakout Box
- Last week the students participated in another breakout box session to kick off our Endangered Animal Research Project. It was so fun to see how well the kids worked together to solve the clues. Since this was the second time the kids did the breakout boxes, they knew what to expect and how to collaborate successfully. All of the groups solved the first clue in just a few minutes!
- Adobe Spark project on a Famous Civil Rights Figure
- Last week students learned about the Civil Rights Movement. We created a large timeline of the important events of the movement and students researched an important figure who contributed to this movement. After completing research, students learned how to use Adobe Spark to create a webpage with a brief description of their historical figure.The links for these projects are on the "Home" page of this website.
- Endangered Animal Research Project using Adobe Spark (work in progress)
- Last week we kicked off our big, third grade research project on endangered animals. Students did some preliminary fact-finding and then chose the animal they wanted to research. Today, students began researching their animals. Students were given a structured notes packet to help them organize all of the information they find. After completing the research, students will turn their notes into a 5 paragraph essay AND an informative web page using Adobe Spark!
New "RACE" Reading Response Homework
Students will read a passage and then answer a comprehension question about the passage using the "RACE" method.
- R - Restate the question
- A - Answer the question
- C- Cite evidence from the text to support your answer
- E - Expand/Explain how the evidence you cited supports your answer.
Please let me know if you have any questions! :)
Dates to Remember...
- Friday, January 25th - Unit 4 Math Test
- Tuesday, January 29th - iReady Reading Test
- Thursday, February 7th - 4th Grade Music Program 6:30pm
- Wednesday, February 13th - Cottonwood Spaghetti Dinner 6:15pm & 7:15pm
- Thursday, February 14th - Valentine's Day Movie Party
- Thursday, February 28th - Jump Rope for Heart during Specials Time