We kicked off our "100 Acts of Kindness" project this week. I have challenged the class to complete 100 acts of kindness by February 14th! As of right now, we are halfway there! Every time a student completes an act of kindness for someone else, they fill out a heart and turn it in to me. The grade level is making a "Kindness Tree" display in the hallway with all of the kids' acts of kindness. Here is a picture of our tree so far. :)
Endangered Animal Project
We have been working hard on writing our 5-paragraph essay about an endangered animal. We are almost finished writing our rough drafts, and we will begin editing/revising our drafts next week. The students have been so engaged during this project! It was been such an awesome thing to see. Once we finish the essay, we will begin creating our Adobe Spark projects to showcase all of the students' hard work. I can't wait for you to see the finished projects!
PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!
Important Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, February 13th - Cottonwood Spaghetti Dinner 6:15pm & 7:15pm
- Thursday, February 14th - Valentine's Day Movie Party (1:15 - 2:45pm)
- Monday, February 18th - No School
- Tuesday, February 19th - No School
- Thursday, February 28th - Jump Rope for Heart during Specials Time
- March 4th - March 8th - Conference Week
- Thursday, March 7th - No School
- Friday, March 8th - No School
- Monday, March 11th - Class Picture Day
- Thursday, March 14th - 3rd Grade Program 6:30pm
- Friday, March 29th - Sock Hop